The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By Bonsaipanda Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:04 pm
A couple of years back I first tried creating custom skins for the plugins inside the Live and got some good results. A few people have been asking me to continue and to release something for use - the reason why I never continued the work, was that at the time, there wasn't any real way for the end user to install the custom skins except hacking the firmware, but this all changed with the new 'Synths' folder.

So this last week, I've been writing some helper scripts and automations and got the first test skin pack out for people to try out. More details in the Gearspace forum post here >> https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... st16971284

By Bonsaipanda Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:57 pm
Nice, I'll be releasing all of them and in different combinations so folks can choose what they want to use. An app to customize it yourself would be kickass but I don't think there's enough audience for such a thing. :D
By Bonsaipanda Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:40 pm
Quick BTS of what this crazy mayhem looks like. I don't know any python so I'm learning using ChatGPT on how to automate stuff and at this moment, Blender blurts out the graphics and the JSON file snippets that need to be changed (that hold the coordinates and filenames etc). There is a chance that I can get Blender to puke out absolutely everything, but some of the GUI setups on the MPC (like drumsynth, op-x4, hype) are just absolutely mental and I'm not even going to try and reproduce the JSON tree. But for the simple effect boxes this setup will render everything.

Because everything is defined in the Blender scene, I can turn the device slightly sideways and it will work as a UI. I haven't set up any isolated rendering yet, so parts from a sideview render would render over each other, but in theory, it is possible to render the box from any angle and it would be a complete UI when opening it on the MPC / Force. \o/